Offline trbowgn

• View Profile
Hill Billy AC for Camping
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:32:42 am »
I am going to try to hook up an AC for camping when we are in the Southeast later this year.  I think I am going to try to do the shelf and hook it up outside the drivers window.  Does anyone have any advice or experience hooking one up?  I do not want to do anything permanent but I think we will need it out there at the end of august and beginning of September.
Kyle O.
95 EVC 5cyl 5spd

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
Re: Hill Billy AC for Camping
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 11:32:52 am »
I'm working on having a 7K BTU portable A/C venting out to Fan-tastic vent. Didn't finish it thou, since was diverted to other projects...

-albertr
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:35:10 am by albertr »

Offline DrummerDave

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: Hill Billy AC for Camping
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:56:02 pm »
Old thread, but I couldn't resist posting up a link to the solution that saved my trip from California to South Carolina. Especially since Amy (the seller) was sweet enough to overnight it to the hotel we were forced to stay in after a heat beating of mid summer in Austin, TX.

http://www.busstuff.net/Pages/ac.aspx

This was so easy to install and is not permanent. We travelled with a 7,000 BTU window ac unit strapped down to the luggage rack of our 1997 EVC. The canvas just lives under our seat when we're not using it. It's the missing link to easily turn the Eurovan Camper into an all-climate camping machine.