Offline AngryScot

• van/bike camping gear junky
    • View Profile
93 MV swivel seat options
« on: November 16, 2015, 04:50:00 pm »
http://www.eurocampers.com/1992--1993-EuroVan-Front-Seat-Swivel-Adapter_p_328.html
sale on this swivel seat adapter. Looks ok but never dealt with the company.
Better options?
Good place to deal with?
$198 for the swivel and $44 for the adapter/new clicker.
Seems like even an install I could do, I have changed a light bulb in the past.
Of course they are out of stock though DOH!

Offline robinson1509

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: 93 MV swivel seat options
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:49:03 am »
I would not want the swivel because I have rear facing jump seats, but I was wondering if a swivel can be used with heated seats?

Offline AngryScot

• van/bike camping gear junky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 03:14:54 pm »
The threads I looked at had many with heated seats and still functional, only rotates 180 and the heate sat wire was routed up through the middle.
I have rear facing too, but for camping I will,take out the passenger rear facing for a cooler or storage.

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »
Swivels really open up the interior if you ditch the rear facing seats!

Give a. Ice place to sit and more standing room when camping.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:09:57 pm by Cole »
Cole

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 09:09:09 am »
there's a lot of choices across the pond for swivel seat adapters. which brand and shop did you go with Cole. are yours tight after wear and tear and mileage?
VW4LYF

Offline andrew

• Sounds like a diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 01:29:46 pm »
Cole, didn't I read somewhere that you cut and welded the bases a bit shorter? Driving on flat ground isn't a big deal, but especially in the mountains I notice that I'm looking through the blue tint strip at the very top of the windshield a lot. If the swivel ads much height I can see it getting pretty uncomfortable.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 09:29:57 am »
These are the ones I have my eye on.  They don't raise the seat but shipping from Europe is expensive...
http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php
Bill
1993 Syncro Weekender (5 speed Manual)

Offline emarg0ed

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 10:07:42 am »
I just received the Eurocampers version and will be installing it this weekend. Can update here once it's installed. Will be going in a 93 MV.

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:52:17 am »
Cole, didn't I read somewhere that you cut and welded the bases a bit shorter? Driving on flat ground isn't a big deal, but especially in the mountains I notice that I'm looking through the blue tint strip at the very top of the windshield a lot. If the swivel ads much height I can see it getting pretty uncomfortable.

Yes.

I shorten the seat bases by about an inch to add the swivels and Lee the seats at the stock-ish height.

I've done many sets at this point. Not too hard if you have metal cutting and welding tools.

Kinda too complicated to quickly and easily explain on the forum without a bunch of pictures with arrows, circles and instructions.

The bases look stock, but sit lower when done. The seats in the black van and blue van above are on lowered swivels
Cole

Offline andrew

• Sounds like a diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 11:52:30 am »
Ahh, they just replace the whole seat base. Brilliant. I'm having a hard time telling from the photos if they still slide forward and backward (off the top of my head that's part of the seat itself, I think?). I wonder if I could fab up something similar.

It looks like Bus Depot sells the box-safe version for $499, but then I wouldn't have anything left to put in the safe.

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 11:57:17 am »
Slide rails are prt of the seat
Cole

Offline emarg0ed

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 12:16:12 pm »
Just installed the Eurocamper version in my 93 MV Weekender. Quick and easy to install, impressed w/ the build quality. The seat is very noticeably higher now. I'm 5'10", if I was much taller I'd have trouble feeling comfortable w/ the space b/w my head and the ceiling. Luckily I put it on the passenger side only, where my wife always sits and she's a bit shorter than me, so it shouldn't be an issue. If you're tall though, I would be hesitant.. I can see the appeal to taking the other approach described in this thread where the height stays close to stock.

Since I don't use the rear jump seat, I simply repurposed the seat belt latch from that seat to reach the extra height required. Other than the height issue, I'm happy with the install.

Offline ryaz

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile