Offline BobB

• Beach camping!
    • View Profile
Easy reading and work light
« on: August 24, 2015, 02:14:28 pm »
Well, this is not really a "project", but while I have upgraded most of the lights to LEDs, there are still some places where an LED reading light - fixed or portable - would be welcome.

1. My wife loves to read, sitting in the turned around passenger seat, in the evening.  Why didn't Winnebago put a reading light there?
2. Working on various things - either in the garage or on the road - I could really use a nice portable work light that I could attach or hang somehow. Holding a flashlight in my mouth isn't ideal.  :P

A couple of weeks ago I found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPPBYM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

Ordered them and they came a few days later.  2 of them for $11!  Have a magnet and a hook for hanging.  Really bright.  Flashlight or work light.  Only downside is you have to unscrew 3 phillips head screws on the back to change the batteries.

And between the headliner and the main cabin trim of the EVC, the trim is backed up by metal.  My wife can't wait to try this out on the next trip.  See attached photo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:09:45 pm by BobB »
BobB
'99 VW EVC

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
Re: Easy reading and work light
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:41 am »
Very nice and a great idea to improve interior lighting.

Re: Easy reading and work light
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 11:12:11 pm »
You can also get those flashlights at Harbor Freight.  I have a few of them, they are great!
Dan
'Millie', a '95 EVC