Offline Snowshoer

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Found some 16" wheels
« on: October 03, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »
Hi, I've been keeping my eyes open for a set of 16" wheels and ended up finding a set.  An import shop that works on vw's had an Audi A6 that they were parting out and the guy agreed to sell me the "wine glass" wheels. They need a good cleaning but look pretty good. I'm getting them for $175/set.  After I clean them up I'll decide if I should paint them black or not. Still on the fence about it. Does anybody else have these wheels?
Thanks,
-Neil.
1999 Techno-Blue EV-Westy

Offline boinzy

• View Profile
Re: Found some 16" wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:07:46 am »
Can you share some pics? As for painting, you might consider Plasti-Dip. If you change your mind, peels off easily.

Offline Snowshoer

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »
I will when I pick them up next week. The guy I am buying them from is parting out an Audi A6 and they are on it.  Wish there were other parts that would fit on my van from the A6 because it's in good shape, just a bad motor.

Neil.   

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »
Yes I like these wheels a lot -- not too flashy, solid. Look like an OEM wheel with the van IMHO.

Is this what you got?

Interestingly, I swiped this pic from the Audi wheels section of the T4uk forum  -- but the original poster lives in Colorado!  :)

Offline Snowshoer

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 08:31:40 am »
Yes, that looks like them. I am picking them up this week and will start cleaning them up. They have lots of brake dust caked on. I'll post a pic when I get them. That is interesting about that picture!  I will have to check that website out.
-Neil.