Offline Marc

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Interior Parts Replacements for '02 EV
« on: October 07, 2015, 07:25:30 am »
Hi, we're still proud new owners of a 2002 Eurovan Weekender with gray interior.

We're looking to make a few interior improvements, including replacement of a worn interior sliding door molded panel/trim (previous owner had dogs, see photo below/attached) and replacement curtain track end caps which are missing (see http://www.eurocampers.com/1992-2003-EuroVan-Weekender-replacement-curtain-track-end-cap-DISCONTINUED--NO-LONGER-AVAILABLE_p_384.html).

I've researched at gowesty, busdepot, europarts-sd, eurocampers.com.

I am planning to reach out to 1stVWparts at 877-737-3670 to discuss options.

If anyone here has a lead to original or aftermarket parts IN STOCK please let us know.

Thanks!

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
Re: Interior Parts Replacements for '02 EV
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:40:46 am »
You might want to use ETKA database to obtain the proper part numbers -- then search for that or contact somebody who is parting out a van.

If the panel isn't cracked -- and is just scratched up -- you might want to consider just pulling the panel off and seeing if you can sand out the rough spots. There are some high quality interior panel paints that might help you restore it for a fraction of replacing it. For example, Wurth paints: http://www.wurthusa.com/web/en/website/produkte_1/chemicals/paints___primers/paints___primers.php

My interior panels are little worn as well -- so I'm considering this option to change the interior grey-plastics to a black.

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
Re: Interior Parts Replacements for '02 EV
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:57:54 am »
Here are some part numbers I found through ETKA.

703867203B -- Plastic sliding door panel. Other "fibre-board" versions are available as well.

253867206A -- Kick plate for sliding door. Interestingly listed as "fire brigade" equipment, but can't find a picture of it.