Manual Transmission options for a 1995 5-cyl
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »
So I think my 5-spd transmission has just shit the bed with zero warning signs on my 95. Just wondering what my options might be as far replacement tranny's go. Finding the one from the '95 is I'm sure going to prove to be impossible, so just wondering. It sounds like maybe the transmission from the 93 might work?

Think I saw some chatter from Cole on this in the Yahoo Group, but I'm just out of town on a roadtrip and was not at all prepared to be dealing with this catastrophic of an issue. Were in Thunder Bay, Ontario if miraculously anyone here has a line on one in the Manitoba/Alberta/Ontario region by some stroke of luck do let us know!

jordan@jordanlloyd.com

Cheers,
Jordan

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
Re: Manual Transmission options for a 1995 5-cyl
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:26:56 pm »
Jordan --  you should contact Rob McGill in ontario -- he stocks lots of Eurovan parts.

rob@vwjunkie.ca

Offline bob82pigdog

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: Manual Transmission options for a 1995 5-cyl
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:14 am »
Can you be more specific about what has gone wrong with your transmission? Will it shift into all the gears, does it grind, whine etc.? How many miles are on your van/ transmission?

There are rebuild kits for these transmissions, they seem to all come from Europe, but they do exist to purchase for a few hundred bucks. It's not bad refurbishing a manual transmission by yourself depending on what has gone wrong with it. Otherwise, a normal transmission shop should be able to rebuild it for you as long as they have the right parts.