Offline Nemesisnight

• The Mountains Are Calling
    • View Profile
Propane heater intermittent lighting issues
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:40:53 am »
Hey all,

I have a 2000 EVC and on my last camping trip my heater wasn't lighting on its own, resulting in the fan continually running for a few hours with no heat before I noticed it after waking back up to a cold van.  I was able to toggle the thermostat on and off several times before it finally lit the pilot and blew hot air but then the next cycle when it turned on again it was cold air once more, so the pilot light had gone out I'm assuming.  I haven't attempted to fix it yet but does anyone have any tips or suggestions before I take things apart to look at it?  I have never messed with it, so I am not really sure what ill be looking for honestly or what is replaceable vs getting a whole new unit (hopefully not necessary).

Offline Farther

• Rosie, the Corgi, is my copilot
    • View Profile
Re: Propane heater intermittent lighting issues
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »
There are quite a few YouTube videos on DIY RV furnace repair.  I know years ago when my residential propane furnace would not stay lit it was the thermocouple that was at fault and a replacement fixed it.  Although there may not be a thermocouple on the RV furnace.  Good Luck!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9jyF4tQk4
Thanks,
~Farther