Offline Lin95

• View Profile
Eurovan LED Interior Lighting Package
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:58 am »

Offline alt229

• View Profile
Re: Eurovan LED Interior Lighting Package
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:18:58 am »
This is exactly what I need! Thanks for the post!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:40:59 am »
Oh awesome, I was wondering if something like this existed as opposed to trying to track down individual lights. Also wondering if anyone has this.

Also, what's the current best-practice for replacing the two galley fluorescents over the kitchen & back bed area? Just wiring in a new LED panel, or is it possible to get LED bulbs in that size somewhere?

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »
I'm currently working on building a EVC LED lights kit using high quality LED's (i.e. both roof ceiling light near skylight and fluorescent tube over the kitchen sink/stove area are frosted and don't have individual LEDs exposed). I'm hoping to publish review within a day or two for anyone interested in this LED upgrade. This kit should have all LEDs in matching color temperature (approx. 3500 K).

-albertr

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 01:12:28 pm »
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with
Cole

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:32:30 am »
Sorry for delay, went on a camping trip and actually had a chance to field-test it for three nights...  Here's a review:

http://www.iral.com/~albertr/EVC/LEDs/LEDs.html

Let me know what do you think.  If there is interest in this kit, I can get it for $60 (shipped within continental US), we will need to get at least ten kits ordered.

-albertr

Offline Nemesisnight

• The Mountains Are Calling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:39:59 pm »
Great write up and pics!!! I defiantly may be interested.  That's a great price for a full set of replacement LED's that will all match.  I remember someone recently posting a plug and play LED fluorescent for around $30 alone on the yahoo groups but it had significantly higher light output than the stock fluorescent.  Do you happen to know the lumens on each of these lights to compare and see if there is any increase in light output to be gained (althought the power savings alone is great already).  Thanks for taking the time to share.

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:37 pm »
Power consumption of roof ceiling LED light and LED tube light are about the same (as per Fluke 376 meter). Since they are using the same technology, I would assume the light output is probably close between these two. I cannot compare to the original fluorescent tube since I threw away its ballast to trash. There's *NO* coming back after you tried these LED lights!

As far as color temperature goes, they all are spec'ed out to be around 3500K (warm white). They look close to me in the temperature, but If I'm trying to look *VERY* closely and carefully I can spot some small difference. Anyway, they are in "warm white" range, and I like it better that cold temperature of original  fluorescent tube. But personal preferences are very subjective, of course. Unfortunately, I don't have a meter to measure their true temperature.

-albertr

Offline sdunn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 07:33:49 pm »
Great post albertR!  I'm in for the kit.