Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Interior! / Re: Dual Goal Zero Yetis under the back seat!!
« Last post by Cole on Today at 09:53:38 AM »
We have hooked them up to the car charging system in the past. The basic issue is that the input can only be so much and the solar panels can easily max that themselves.

We have run 90-180watts on top of these vans depending on the set up. The dual set up has two 90w panels and they are chained together.

This runs a 43Q fridge non-stop without issue.

Basically all of the factory lights, outlets and fridge port run off the Yetis.
VR6 Engine tech / 24v timing chain repair
« Last post by smaddock on Today at 07:54:15 AM »
Been working on this for awhile, misfire codes on all cylinders but no other codes. Checked and fixed vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, replaced MAF and O2 sensors, cleaned and checked all other engine timing sensors, oil and fuel pressure good. Now looking at chain stretch, values are -8 and -10 for blocks in VCDS 208 and 209, should be at least -8, also "detected 1 exhaust phase flank" is 135 should be 118 to 134 degrees. Thinking it is just on the edge and would like to catch it early. AXK engine with 240k miles.

In few days doing "exploratory surgery", taking off intake manifold, valve cover and upper timing chain cover. Hoping it is just a busted guide, but not sure what can be replaced with just the upper cover off. I assume the upper guide can be replaced, but can the upper left or right chain guides be replaced or even the upper chain? I realize the intermediate sprocket and lower guide rails are all covered and inaccessible, but not sure about the upper ones and would like to have new parts on hand.

Also have the classic timing chain cover oil leak and see that when you put the cover back on there is no gasket, just sealant. What sealant should I use?
Thanks,
   Steve
Interior! / Re: Dual Goal Zero Yetis under the back seat!!
« Last post by jonhilde on October 18, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »
Hey Cole,

I'm also interested in how you integrated these units with the auxillary circuit in the van. Do you have them hooked up so the engine will charge the batteries while driving? Do you use them with solar panels? If so, do you just setup a panel facing the sun and run a cord to the yeti's or is there a more integrated setup somehow? Finally, have your redirected the 12v sockets in the van to connect with these guys (versus running on the aux battery under the driver seat?).

I'm asking because we picked up two of these units (Amazon ran a huge sale) and an Engel 12v fridge and am debating the best way to put all of the pieces together.

thanks!
-j
Share your adventures! / Re: scamper van headed to dana point, ca
« Last post by wollbs on October 14, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »

beach hair.

laguna beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by wollbs on October 14, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »

here is my tarp solution for sunny california, 2 repurposed shower curtains provide nice privacy too (5-10 minute setup)

here is an awesome stop near palm springs california:

Sam's Family Spa Hot Water Resort
70875 Dillon Rd, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92241
(760) 329-6457
https://goo.gl/maps/XMQZxc6tdTk

natural hot mineral springs pool and rv park. $55 for one rv/vehicle with 4 people including the use of the 6 pools.   so chill.

« Last post by wollbs on October 14, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »
the day after we left on this trip, our home town of santa rosa, ca was hit with massive wildfires best described as firestorms.

i live in sebastopol on the far west side of this burn map, the winds are blowing 30mph towards the southeast today. we are so grateful for our emergency workers!

so our trip now will extend a few weeks through az and nm, then to the denver area for a month. the air quality back home isn't expected to be reasonable for another few weeks. i can work remotely so all is well.

im now loooking for housing in the louisville- gunbarrel area for my compact family of 3 (6y/o daughter) for october-november. also looking for location/help for van fixing (heater core r&r, lift and shocks). none of this is emergency repair, but it would make the 3000mile trip more cozy and smooth.

stopping in phoenix and santa fe w friends.

« Last post by wollbs on October 14, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »
awesome first leg, 1 week at doheny beach north of san diego. saw about 1000 dolphins on one 2 hour boat ride.

Share your adventures! / scamper van headed to dana point, ca
« Last post by wollbs on October 07, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »
before and after packing the van

Show off your projects here! / Re: Scamper Van
« Last post by wollbs on October 07, 2017, 01:23:48 AM »

Show off your projects here! / Re: Scamper Van
« Last post by wollbs on October 07, 2017, 01:22:37 AM »

road trip ready. we (family of 3) are driving from san francisco to san diego tomorrow to camp for a week on the beach, and this is the before packing picture.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10