Offline IdeaNerd

• View Profile
Free Rear Bench Seat Doors!
« on: June 10, 2016, 08:45:27 pm »
I'm working on designing a modified replacement bench seat access door (I do a lot of product development work in my day job, so this is my idea of fun :) ). The intent is produce somewhere between a few dozen and a few hundred units as an initial short production run. We'll see where it goes from there. It seems many people are missing these, and there is currently no place to get them.

These are the doors I'm referring to:

The easiest way to get this project rolling would be if I could get one that has a like-new face to start from. My plan is to revise the back (I think the OEM back is ugly, and, much worse, the tabs always break) but keep the face fairly close to OEM. Both of the access doors in our Weekender are too scuffed up to be usable for this approach, so I'm trying to find one that's in good cosmetic shape (on its face side).

Do you have ONE with a clean, like-new face? Maybe you have one good one, but need second one?

Or, maybe you have one that looks fine on the face, but has broken tabs, and is thus unusable? (That would work fine for what I need.)

Here's my proposition: send me your access door that has a like-new face (I'll even BUY if off you if you want), and I'll send you TWO of the finished replacement units for free, once I'm done.

Had an offer from someone who said they'd send me one, but they've gone dark for some reason. I'm eager to get started, so am putting this out there in hopes of finding a donor panel to work from.

Please PM if this is something you'd like to help with.

Thanks!

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
Re: Free Rear Bench Seat Doors!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:19:54 pm »
Where are you located?

Offline IdeaNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 07:07:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I'm located in the Central Valley of California. (Can PM an address to mail to if you'd like.)

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 08:04:00 am »
Let me look when I get home. I think I have something that would work.....

Offline IdeaNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:26:06 am »
Let me look when I get home. I think I have something that would work.....

Any luck?  :)

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »
I'm a moron and forgot..... sorry! I set a reminder on my phone MAYBE that will help.

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:14:35 am »
I looked last nice. No perfect faced doors. Sorry.

Offline IdeaNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »
I looked last nice. No perfect faced doors. Sorry.

"A" for effort. Thanks for checking!  :)