Offline PG Hawking

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Larger holes for lug nuts?
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »
So I thought (first mistake) I had figured out all the specs needed to find some used wheels on Craiglist, (Searched high and very low for oem wheels) picked up some Merc. 7 spoke 16x7 5x112 with an et of 37. All good right? NOPE the lug holes are to small!

What can I do? besides putting them up on CL.

(2002EV weekender)

Offline rogerquad

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: Larger holes for lug nuts?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:21:39 pm »
Have the same issue. I have several spare sets of mercedes wheels incl an ml set, but the bolts on e van are much bigger. is it poss to get them drilled out and the lug seat re profiled ? ( 2003 mv)...

Offline rogerquad

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:37:00 am »
No Response? Cole, It seems that you had variously recommended Mercedes wheels (ml i think?) for Eurovan? Help please...

Offline qval

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 11:25:36 am »
This is a super late response, but I did this with a set of Mercedes wheels with nice snow tires on them.

I went to harbor freight, bought their oversize drill bit set, and used the closest size to the bolts. The mercedes wheels also used 12mm ball radius on the lug bolts, so I had to buy new lug bolts with 12mm balls and 14mm bolt dimensions.

They sure do make these wheel interactions with the vehicle complicated: centering rings, lug bolt diameters and lengths, ball seat dimensions, Einpresstiefe, etc, etc