Offline jah

• Golden State of Mind
    • View Profile
Car Wash?
« on: June 30, 2016, 10:31:40 am »
Hi.  Has anyone tried to take their EVC through an automatic carwash?  I'm thinking this probably isn't a great idea but would save a hell of a lot of time if I could pull it off safely.

Offline sdunn

• View Profile
Re: Car Wash?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:19:27 am »
I never have. My two cents: A couple of reasons not to...
1 - high likelihood of water penetration through the top seal - will get your tent wet, and you'll want to raise the top to let it dry - defeats your time savings
2.I wouldn't really want to spray water horizontally into the furnace vent sor the battery vent
3 - all of the accessories on the sides - especially the refrigerator vents - could get damaged

Offline Nemesisnight

• The Mountains Are Calling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:42:14 am »
I have taken mine through a carwash at least a dozen times (the ones with brushes, not the touch-less), I also have a fiamma awning.  May not be the best thing to do but I haven't had any issues so far and in the wintertime in Utah I rather get the salt off and there is no option to wash it myself at home during the winter and its just plain easier.  With the fridge vents the way they are I wouldn't imagine much more water gets in there vs driving in the rain etc (I could very well be wrong, just my justification). 

Offline grandmaester

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:12 pm »
Does anyone else mask off the vents when washing? I just got an EVC, and when I washed it I figured water in the vents would be bad.

Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:21 pm »
I just did for the first time.
Bad idea.  The rear windshield wiper got bent from the rolling brush, and the side door sliding window has a vertical trim piece on the edge of the window glass, it got cracked and almost fell off.

Go touchless only!!!

Inscribed with just two thumbs...

Offline edwasserman

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 09:47:28 am »
I took mine through the car wash a few times without problems. The last time though, I wasn't able to get the antenna all the way down and that was the end of that antenna! Now I either wash it at home or take it to the you-scrub-it bay instead of the automatic.