Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
CaveVan Stuff / 12v vs 24v water pump any difference?
« Last post by bhaze23 on February 19, 2018, 08:51:52 PM »
So I have a late 2000 12v Eurovan and bought a water pump for 2001-2003 24v on accident. Is it safe to use on a 12v? It fits except I need to bore out the mounting holes a little... should I go with it or is this a bad move? Any help would be appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diesel Swap Tech and FAQ / Re: Some Wiring Questions
« Last post by jackjtr on February 19, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
I still haven't found anything that could have caused the burned segment. For the record, it was Pin 7 on the blue 32 pin cluster connector, which is U2/13, the "sender ground" or gauge ground. Cluster was working fine with the VR.

The burned segment is on the back of the cluster board and only heated up a section of the back segment, despite there being other segments throughout the board on both sides.

Also for the record: The only things that worked on the cluster were the two LCD displays (and the smoke machine). Not a single light came on, nor did any of the gauges move. Not a millimeter.

I've been at diagnosing this for over a week and haven't found a single thing amiss.

Anyone on here running a blue cluster in their 1Z or AHU conversion? Thanks.
Shiny things you no longer want / Re: Eurovan Passenger Side Cubby/Glovebox
« Last post by dedsall22 on February 19, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »
Hey these look great, do you have anything left in stock? Looking for a grey one, Iíve got a 2000 MV.  Zip is 91104

Cheers,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaveVan Stuff / Re: Lift Kit effect on other components
« Last post by Grandpa Rick on February 16, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »
Nobody?  Cole? 
CaveVan Stuff / Re: Seat swivel 2001 Eurovan weekender
« Last post by Grandpa Rick on February 16, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »
Do their passenger swivels have the attachment to install the extra rear facing seat?  I am looking for a base that is already lowered but still has that attachment pin.

I think that with a little bending of the rear facing seat bracket and a few holes drilled into the swivel base you could fit the rear facing seat.  I have not done mine yet but I may down the road. 
« Last post by JBX on February 13, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »
Do their passenger swivels have the attachment to install the extra rear facing seat?  I am looking for a base that is already lowered but still has that attachment pin.

No, the CMC swivels do not have an attachment for the rear facing seat.

G.R., according to the description in the link these models of swivels do not have the rattle/rocking that previous models may have had.  Ours is quiet and sturdy but I have no experience with any other type.  Maybe look into a spring to quiet the handle?  There is a sizable spring on the one we have (see pics in link).

--jb
« Last post by wildenbeast on February 13, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »
« Last post by Grandpa Rick on February 13, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »
I recently purchased a passenger seat swivel for our '02 weekender from CMC in the UK.  Decent price and well-made but very high shipping ($100) to MD.  No issues with the heated seats.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php

Take care, --jb

I was given one of these swivel safes from a friend who decided not to use it.  I love it.  Except for the rattle of the handle.  I need to figure out a way to get rid of that.  Not sure if they come with a bushing on the handle from the factory but I'll look into it.  Having a secure location in the EV helps a lot when surfing, biking, etc when you're away from the van for hours on end. 
« Last post by JBX on February 12, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »
I recently purchased a passenger seat swivel for our '02 weekender from CMC in the UK.  Decent price and well-made but very high shipping ($100) to MD.  No issues with the heated seats.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php

Take care, --jb
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Need a new engine
« Last post by Grandpa Rick on February 10, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »
Well, I got a full rebuild.  It ran great (notice past tense). . . . For 20 miles.  Then died.  Towed back to the shop.  Engine back out and at the rebuild shop.  Maybe a broken chain?  I'll find out soon.

So what was it?  Hopefully nothing serious. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10