Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Winnebago "Full Campers" / CV Joint replacement
« Last post by jarroway on August 15, 2021, 12:36:14 pm »
Passenger side CV joint had been clicking for awhile so I decided to replace it. Found the part at O'Reilly's got my old one out and... wrong part from O'Reilly's. Texted with Cole (CaveVan owner) on this forum and he recommended a re-builder out of Denver, CVJ Axle (303-297-2448). They did fantastic work, sent me a rebuilt unit that installed perfectly. Thanks Cole and CVJ!

2002 Eurovan, Winnebago
VR6 Engine tech / Low temp thermostat?
« Last post by albertr on August 15, 2021, 12:35:51 pm »
I'm concerned with VR6 AXK running hot in my van.

Have  anyone tried to use a lower temp thermostat in the EV? Does it need a matching temp fan switch too? Any errors are thrown by the ECU because of the lower temp?

Any info is much appreciated.

-albertr
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Slow gasoline refill: 03 EVW
« Last post by jarroway on August 15, 2021, 12:30:15 pm »
I've had the same experience and have seen similar posts on other forums. When it first happened, I also had an issue where immediately after refill at the pump, the van was very difficult to start which felt like a vapor-lock issue. I was able to start the van by cranking the starter and pumping the gas pedal for some time.

My "fix": I removed the evaporative gas box under the van, drivers side just behind the gas filler. It's about 1' x 1' in size. Inside I found a lot of raw gas, so I drained it and let the box dry, reinstalled and all good. That was 2 years ago. I am having the same problem again and headed out to the driveway to "fix" once more.

I've read this can happen if one tops off the tank upon fillup. The filler line has an overflow line that goes directly into the evap box I'm describing. I don't know how the box was designed to handle that kind of overflow but it doesn't work very well.

Any feedback on this question would be greatly appreciated.
VR6 Engine tech / VR6 engine oil cooler for EV?
« Last post by albertr on August 15, 2021, 12:09:17 pm »
Does anyone know any options for the subject? Oil filter adapter plate for oil cooler hookup? Anything?

I think VR6 AXK (24 valves) runs hot and I'm concerned with the high temp in the engine compartment . Will be adding some air intake to get more air pulled into the engine compartment (not sure whether it would help to lower the temp thou).

If anyone has any ideas on engine oil cooler for these vans, please let me know.
-albertr
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Alternator issues
« Last post by albertr on August 15, 2021, 11:42:02 am »
Is it the same P/N (Bosch sold by VW) as the original or some aftermarket? If aftermarket, I'm not surprised. If it's VW, I will take it back to the place that sold it to you and request refund. AFAIK, if it's self-exciting design, I don't think you can do anything about it.
-albertr
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Alternator issues
« Last post by michaelnahodil on August 10, 2021, 08:27:50 pm »
It’s a 2003 24v vr6, forgot to put that in the original post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VR6 Engine tech / Alternator issues
« Last post by michaelnahodil on August 10, 2021, 08:19:00 pm »
I’m having some issues. Here’s what’s happened

New 150 amp alternator. Superseded version, with rectangular 2 pin plug
New battery cables
New alternator cable
Cleaned all terminals, positive and ground
New ignition switch

Alternator will not self excite. I need to rev it to around 2k rpm to excite it

Does the other terminal on the alternator need to be connected to something?
Is the led in the dash not enough resistance for this new alternator to self excite?

I’m unbelievably frustrated, as I’ve had this problem the whole time I’ve owned this van

Please help if you can

Thanks
Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VR6 Engine tech / Oil Cooler Hose for 2002 Eurovan AXK engine
« Last post by kdreidy on July 21, 2021, 06:19:16 pm »
Hey everyone: I'm having a problem with finding the oil cooler hose that connects the oil cooler to the engine block. I think it's 022121096A. I've seen it a few places but it seems like they just don't make this anymore. I had it in with my mechanic and that is the one hose he could not find. I've seen one post about somebody who used a Gates 18043 hose to replace it and it sounded like it worked. Any help is appreciated.

Also, my mechanic kind of hinted at breaking up with me and my van because of weird shit like this. :-\ Any mechanics who know Eurovans in Denver or close by would be much appreciated! Thanks
Any more of these kicking around?
General Discussion / Re: Eurovan syncro USA rollcall!!
« Last post by etbandung on June 16, 2021, 10:42:07 pm »
i wish i have one  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10