Offline duckdive

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Exhaust in interior
« on: August 10, 2016, 09:27:13 pm »
So, I found out today that I have a small crack on my manifold/flange that connects to the exhaust directly under the front passenger area of the EV, 1993 Automatic.

Since I've been working on another project of removing the front carpet so I can install some FatMat, I've seen that there are virtually no openings to the area directly below.

My question is to anybody that knows the exhaust in 1993 EVs and is familiar with the floorboard/carpet/etc.... is there much of a chance of fumes entering the vehicle? 

I intend to get it fixed.  I just can't do it now.  And I live in California where it has been pretty hot... so driving with windows down all the time isn't option.  I'm supposed to take a trip in a couple of weeks, but I want to be safe.

Offline JoshWa

• Wrench fumbler
    • View Profile
    • TDI conversion
Re: Exhaust in interior
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 08:45:43 am »
One thing that is lacking in the 93 vans, is a cabin air filtration system.  Any fumes you get into the engine compartment can easily get into the van.  The seal between the hood and cabin air intake is just not very good.  I've been playing with some smaller rectangle filters to see if I can cobble something that will set into that cabin air intake to have some filtration.  I've contemplated if the later model system could be bolted in, but the front end is different,  so not sure if it would hit the hood or not.  I'd sure like to get a hold of one and try though.