Offline kouz101

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
2003 VW eurovan VR6 engine dies while driving
« on: October 14, 2020, 08:07:44 pm »
Hello , i purchased a 2003 Eurovan,  the van had a bad transmission from day one,  i always wanted to own one & i decided to spend some money and bring it back to life  , after 3 years of hard work and money invested, i still have 2 problems that I'm unable to figure out, 1st issue is if I'm driving around town the van run great without any problems at all, only if i drive for about 50 to 60 minutes none stop ,without any warning the van will shots off while driving, it will start right away and drive for another 200 yards and do it again ,it will keep doing it until i park it for couple hrs, i noticed that it doesn't happen if the temperature is below 78f, i live in Florida so that's a big problem,  2ND issue , the air from the ac goes down on the center vents while the transmission is shifting gears, once RPM is low it works good, i have changed almost every part on this van
New transmission ,water pump ,AC comp, alternator ,pulley tension er, complete new breaks, discs, shocks, springs ,lights, audio ,speakers ,Sparks , foglights , fuel pump ,fuel relay almost everything is new, the only thing i did not replace is the radiator
any ideas
Thanks

Offline robinson1509

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: 2003 VW eurovan VR6 engine dies while driving
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:27:35 pm »
You should hook up the vagcom and log data while driving. You need some better clues. Narrow it down a bit do some testing ie: ignition, compression, fuel... My bet is you will find a voltage fluctuation somewhere that will lead you to the problem.  Don't mislead yourself by assuming the problem is related to temperature, rain, or some other unconfirmed anomalies and don't assume a new part can't be a bad part when the evidence tells you otherwise. Good luck on your journey and keep all of us updated.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 08:32:39 pm by robinson1509 »