Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
*SOLD*: Upper ball joint puller for VW EuroVan/Transporter
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
***SOLD***

I have a special tool for replacing upper ball joints on VW EuroVan/Transporter. It can be used for both pulling out the old joint and pressing in a new one. It's known as Astra A-1108 or Sealey VSE 725.

Almost new condition - was used once to replace both upper ball joints on my 2001 EVC.  Made it a 5 minutes easy job.

It's yours for $200 shipped in the lower 48 states. Let me know if interested.

-albertr

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:16:35 am by albertr »

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
Re: *SOLD*: Upper ball joint puller for VW EuroVan/Transporter
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 12:02:26 pm »
Great seller. I received the tool kit and its in great condition. I can't wait to use them and enjoy an easy ball joint replacement.  ;D Thank you albertr!

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »
You are most welcome. This tool is the one for doing upper ball joints on Eurovan!

-albertr

Offline my_bmw_sucks

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:24:24 pm »

Great seller. I received the tool kit and its in great condition. I can't wait to use them and enjoy an easy ball joint replacement.  ;D Thank you albertr!

Any chance you'd want to sell or rent your new baby after you do your ball joints? I've had two upper joints gathering dust in my closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 02:08:52 pm »
I've been considering both options. Another person asked to buy the kit also. I'm kinda leaning towards rental though. They do rentals quite a bit in Europe for this tool kit and it seems to work out. They rent the TDI timing belt tool kits here in the US and it seems to work out.

This tool kit is something that would make all our lives easier, and not something any of us are going to need for very long.... I have a 10yr old son that would love to send and receive this tool kit all over the US, I might just have to see if that works. First I need to put them to use here though.  ;)

Offline my_bmw_sucks

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:26:26 am »
Keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 10:10:12 am »
One thing to note: I had this same Sealey tool and used it for a few years in the shop on a variety of upper ball joint EV jobs. I'm very careful with my tools and treat them as any professional would but the intense pressure at play during the use of this tool led to wear on the U shaped inserts that made its usefulness wane over time. I  would estimate that it is good for about 5-10 vans (so 10-20 ball joints).

Just a point of reference for you Rob so you can better amortize the tool in a rental program. And keep in mind renting it out to the public also means it won't be in the hands of professional mechanics who do this stuff everyday, so figure in some accelerated wear/breakage.

To wit, there is a sign at our local machine shop that says: "Don't bother asking, we don't loan out our tools."

Justin

2000 EVW 5-spd TDI
Justin
2000 EVW 1.9l TDI 5spd Syncro