good luck with the forum
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:39:31 am »
Hi Cole
Good luck with the forum bud, should be a great asset for you guys across the pond, if it picks up and you need a moderator then I'll volunteer my services  ;)
In the mean time you might want to switch off the ability for users to upload photos direct to your server as it will eat up your storage in no time...
Gavin

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
Re: good luck with the forum
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:43:27 pm »
Thanks.

I wish we had a good source like the UK T4 forum. Unfortunately most of the tech just doesn't match. RHD vs LHD, Petrol vs. Diesel, different options packages, fewer years, Winnebago conversions, etc.

Yeah, I thought about disabling the photo uploads. Still working out the details.

Most of the USA centric forums just don't do well for these vans. They are either muddled in with Vanagons, all vans, or on ancient email only lists with limited features and no real time discussions due to moderation.
Cole

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:06:13 pm »
I'm excited! I was thinking of creating something similar, but just had not gotten around to it yet. Now I don't have to! I hope this really takes off. Thanks Cole!

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:28:00 pm »
Thanks!

Hopefully everyone will contribute to recreate the good info spread randomly on other sites and contribute new stuff.
Cole

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 12:43:12 am »
Yes -- good luck and thanks for this forum Cole. I'm looking forward to watching this grow into something really useful and hopefully a meaningful place of connection to van owners.

As much as the other big 3 eurovan forums have been great -- there were real limitations to each of those. Hard to use, hard to gain traction and spam postings! Coincidentally, I read and posted to a thread on the EV_Group that was basically talking about re-petitioning TheSamba.com to create a distinct Eurovan forum. Re-reading the discussion on the Samba as to why this hadn't/wasn't going to happen is sad. It's next to impossible to build community in that forum when the posts of Vanagon to Eurovan are like 25 to 1. There is no opportunity to pop in and "discover" new threads. That being said, you did it Cole with your build theads -- you built traction there where nobody had before. You deserve to own this forum -- and the EV community is lucky to have your enthusiasm and knowledge to lead the way.

Big cheers! Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:45:39 am by Itsamoto »

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:43:56 am »
Thanks guys!  (.....to quote my wife here "That's Awesome")

I would like to see it work out for everyone.

I think these are great vans but aren't being given the space and credit they deserve here in the USA. The rest of the world seems to get it.

We will just have to see where this goes
Cole

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 09:51:40 am »
Thanks, Cole, this will certainly help as I try to convert my 93 EVC people hauler to a weekender!
93 EVC

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:53:39 am »
Thanks, Cole, this will certainly help as I try to convert my 93 EVC people hauler to a weekender!

Do you have all the interior parts? Where are you?

I have a complete Eurovan Westfalia interior from a 1993
Cole

Offline scram1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »
Hi all!  Glad to jump in to this forum. Hope it will be a valuable resource for us T4 owners.  I follow some of your threads in Adv (I assume you are xtreemjeepn?, but I may be mistaken), nice work with your conversions!

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 01:34:24 pm »
Thanks!

Yep, Xtremjeepn on several forums.
Cole

Offline EuroBus

• I believe you have my stapler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:07:36 am »
I think I actually saw a couple of your builds on the Vortex before I ever even considered buying a Eurovan, then the perfect specimen became available to us last October. I am so glad that you have taken this step with everything else that you have going on.  Very impressed with all of your work, and I hope to be able to incorporate some of your ideas into getting our Weekender to meet our needs as a daily driver and ... a weekender!  ;D  So far we've only had it out for one camping trip, but it's been awesome to tailgate in.  Looking forward to more tailgating as much as camping in it.

I will admit that I am a procrastinator, but your forum is definitely going to keep me inspired - with that being said, I hope to post up pics of my van with the CaveVan stickers soon ...  8)

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 08:09:16 am »
Thanks you. Hope you enjoy it!  Post pictures!  I love pictures as they tell great stories and keep others inspired!
Cole