Offline Micah

• View Profile
Power Window Help
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:18 am »
The drivers window on my 99 MV has stopped working. The interesting thing is the drivers side controls still work the passenger window, and the mirror adjustment. I can also hear the click from the motor when I try to put the window up or down, yet nothing happens. I'm hoping it's the regulator, and not the motor. Does anyone know of an easy way to test it before buying a regulator?

If anyone has a parts van with the motor and regulator let me know!

Thanks,

Micah

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
Re: Power Window Help
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 12:19:24 pm »
I would check the door harness first to make sure it's not a broken wire...

http://www.cavevan.com/forum/index.php?topic=22.0

-albertr

Offline Micah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »
I've checked the wiring in the door harness and it's not that. I also think if it were the passenger control on the drivers side would not work.

OK, I have now re-checked all of my connections and I found a break in one of the white wires , stripped - fixed, and bam! the window is working again.

Thanks for the reminder on the door harness!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:16:30 am by Micah »

Offline robinson1509

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:59:49 pm »
I have had 4 eurovans and all of them have had broken wire in the driver door harness. I had a ground come loose on the ground jct to the left side of the foot well but i think that would effect both sides. If I remember correctly the ground is switched and the power goes to the motor. So test the connector at the motor for voltage if you have voltage test continuity on both sides of the switch to ground then  jump the switch out to test the motor. You can also switch the left switch connector to the right for testing. If you have power, ground, and the switch is working recheck the wires in the door bellows.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:03:56 pm by robinson1509 »