Offline 03EV4me

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Tires??
« on: May 08, 2023, 11:40:04 am »
I have a 2003 Weekender, and about 25k miles on Nokian Entyre 2.0 in 235/60/16.  The front wheels wobble at low speeds, and I have had strange wear patterns on these tires where they aren't wearing "flat".  I run them at 44 front/38 rear.  I've had the van aligned twice at a reputable shop, and everything was within specs.

This weekend on the way home from a race, the van started having some tire vibration as I was driving.  A few minutes later, I heard a bang and then the "whump whump whump."  The right rear tire had a separated split where the tread had come off in a strip about 1" wide. 

These tires aren't even half worn, but I'm trying to figure out what to replace them with, and whether there's something on the front or rear alignment causing a problem.

Here's a picture of the tires from a year ago when I rotated them and noticed the strange wear.  https://imgur.com/a/fRXlAc4

Any recommendations on a replacement tire?  It seems the 102 load rating tires are getting even harder to find.

Thanks!