Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
EVC tent modification for window A/C unit?
« on: July 21, 2019, 06:57:40 pm »
A few years back I met a couple from Canada who had a Vanagon with interesting modification. They had some attachment on their tent's front window to which they attach a fabric hood going to a regular window A/C unit placed on top of the cabin in front of the tent. The whole construction can be installed or removed in a couple of minutes (I think the hood had a zipper as means to attaching to the tent). Back then I didn't pay much attention to it, but I recall they said that they didn't make it, but rather bought the pre-made fabric hood with attachments (less window A/C unit which  can be found anywhere), so somebody was producing it back then for Vanagon.

I spent some time fabricating a pipe to attach the exhaust of generic portable A/C unit to a roof fan. It worked (sort of), but portable A/C is very inefficient and pipe was getting hot, radiating much of the heat back to van. I have a very low clearance garage door, so cannot install any rooftop A/C units.

Does anyone seen or know if any place makes a tent modification to connect window A/C unit to tent front window? If someone will consider doing it, I'm interested in the pre-made prroduct (I'm not good in sewing and don't want to try to make it myself of the fear of ruining the tent).

-albertr

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:00:42 pm by albertr »