Offline jah

• Golden State of Mind
    • View Profile
Looking for an 8' awning
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »
Hi All,

Just getting started here and on my EVC adventures in general. 

During my first outing I didn't consider the need to stake my awning and sure enough, although there weren't high winds when I deployed it, a random wind burst came through which ripped my awning out of the body, flipped it over the top of the pop top, and tore it (not the pop top, thankfully).  I had to trash the awning.  Couldn't believe it, the prior owner had the van and awning for nearly 20 years without issue and I use it once and destroy the awning.  Just my style I guess.   :-[

Moving forward, I had a local body shop repair the holes in the body and now need to get a replacement awning.  I've been looking at the Fiammas but am having a hard time justifying a $1,000 awning purchase.  I was perfectly fine with the OEM version, although I didn't get to use it much! I'd be stoked to just stick a OEM one back on there and head out for the summer.  I'd be open to any other ideas as well if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Jah

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
Re: Looking for an 8' awning
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:25:09 am »
I'm looking for mounting brackets for OEM Sidewinder 2 awning. If you are replacing the OEM Sidewinder 2 awning and its  mounting brackets and don't need the old OEM brackets, please let me know.

-albertr
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:27:33 am by albertr »

Offline jah

• Golden State of Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:09:35 pm »
Yea, sure thing.  On the other hand, if you instead decide to part with your awning please let me know  :D

Offline jah

• Golden State of Mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »
Found myself an original Sidewinder II at Pop Top Heaven in Southern California.  Perfect condition, $200.  I did have to go down there to get it though from Norcal so not too bad of a trip.  @Albertr, I scored a pair of mounting brackets and I'll get in touch to send them to you.