Offline 42pvan

• View Profile
Re: Removing the Winnebago from an EVC
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:07 pm »
Thanks! The heater ducts were goofy to start with . The heat outlet is a 4" hole and Winnebago put about 10" of flex duct to a sheet metal plenum (about 4" x4" x10") that had 2 4" ducts coming out of it. There was flex duct between those and the two vents you see in the original EVC. I didn't see the need to spilt the heater output into two separate vents that go to the same place, so I made the new cabinet shorter and just ran one duct straight to the end of the new cabinet, keeping it high so I had additional storage space via the cubby. I haven't tried out the heater yet but the new vent does blow I to the back of the rear seat a bit in both seat and bed configurations. I just figured it didn't matter much with such a small space to heat .
The aluminum for the cabinets comes from a company named "80/20". I used the 1" series because it was the smallest that I could get the quarter round extrusions and the nifty quarter round tri corner pieces. You can get the extrusions and some parts on Amazon. But if you go through a dealer, you can have the pieces cut to length and tap the ends and drill access holes where needed. That's usually what we do at work where use the stuff frequently, and it goes together quickly. I could probably come up with a cut list of parts needed and all the modifications but it would take awhile. I pretty much made it up as I went and did not keep a record of any dimensions .
No need for vents since the cubbies are just open to the interior of the cabinets. The heater brings in outside air through one of the vents on the outside and exhausts through the other so it doesn't need the interior vents for combustion but may for some sort of cooling of surfaces. I suspect the interior vents were mostly for the archaic stock converter that came with the EVC. If you put in a modern charger or converter, you could likely get away with less ventilation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk