Offline 2001glamper

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Seat swivel 2001 Eurovan weekender
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:49 pm »
Looking at this swivel: https://www.eurocampers.com/mobile/1999--2003-EuroVan-Front-Seat-Swivel-Adapter-_p_329.html

Couple questions:
1.  What size battery would I need to fit under this on driver's side?
2.  Can anyone speak to running heated seats through these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Seat swivel 2001 Eurovan weekender
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:25 am »
The battery size doesn't change because of the swivel.  You cannot put heated seats through the Eurocamper swivels.  However, you can run heated seats through the swivels that Bus Depot carries.  I hope this helps.
Bill
1993 Syncro Weekender (5 speed Manual)

Offline 2001glamper

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:56 pm »
This was my concern, I like the heated seats, question the safety aspects of most of these swivels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JBX

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:13:59 am »
I recently purchased a passenger seat swivel for our '02 weekender from CMC in the UK.  Decent price and well-made but very high shipping ($100) to MD.  No issues with the heated seats.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php

Take care, --jb
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:15:34 am by JBX »
02 EV, 02 S6MT, 96 Bronco supercharged, FD Rx-7, CBX, Duc ST4S, lots of chainsaws

Offline Grandpa Rick

• Sometimes I miss my Syncro Westy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:47:56 am »
I recently purchased a passenger seat swivel for our '02 weekender from CMC in the UK.  Decent price and well-made but very high shipping ($100) to MD.  No issues with the heated seats.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php

Take care, --jb

I was given one of these swivel safes from a friend who decided not to use it.  I love it.  Except for the rattle of the handle.  I need to figure out a way to get rid of that.  Not sure if they come with a bushing on the handle from the factory but I'll look into it.  Having a secure location in the EV helps a lot when surfing, biking, etc when you're away from the van for hours on end. 
Sometimes I miss my Syncro Westy.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:56:22 am »
Do their passenger swivels have the attachment to install the extra rear facing seat?  I am looking for a base that is already lowered but still has that attachment pin.
Bill
1993 Syncro Weekender (5 speed Manual)

Offline JBX

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:24:20 am »
Do their passenger swivels have the attachment to install the extra rear facing seat?  I am looking for a base that is already lowered but still has that attachment pin.

No, the CMC swivels do not have an attachment for the rear facing seat.

G.R., according to the description in the link these models of swivels do not have the rattle/rocking that previous models may have had.  Ours is quiet and sturdy but I have no experience with any other type.  Maybe look into a spring to quiet the handle?  There is a sizable spring on the one we have (see pics in link).

--jb
02 EV, 02 S6MT, 96 Bronco supercharged, FD Rx-7, CBX, Duc ST4S, lots of chainsaws

Offline Grandpa Rick

• Sometimes I miss my Syncro Westy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:10:26 pm »

I think that with a little bending of the rear facing seat bracket and a few holes drilled into the swivel base you could fit the rear facing seat.  I have not done mine yet but I may down the road. 
Sometimes I miss my Syncro Westy.