Offline Nemesisnight

• The Mountains Are Calling
    • View Profile
How to mount center bench seat
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:00:44 am »
    So here is my issue, I have a 2000 EVC with a single center seat and 3 kids as of now.  We plan on eventually having a 4th so I found a 1995 center bench seat because it installs in the floor more.   The newer style I have with my single seat had the brackets that stick out of the ground and I always stub your feet on them.  So I have the seat and payed a ridiculous amount since they are so rare and I am now finding this to be a much bigger job than I had anticipated.  With the type of bracket I currently have it bolts on from below the van and is fairly easy to install the brackets.  With the older style I am guessing a cup type of bracket is welded into the floor of the van??

I had a father in law pick up the seat for me in Colorado so I have no idea how the floor bracket looks.  I have the seat and the top plates but that's as far as I have gotten.  Does anyone have an older style middle seat that could unscrew one of their top plates and take a picture of where the seat connects for me so I can see what I need to get fabricated?  I have no idea what it will entail and kinda regret it now, haha.

As I don't really need the seat right now, I'm sure this will be awhile before I get to it as I will need to replace all the flooring as well and will probably do a full interior overhaul while I have got it torn apart.

Thanks