Offline IdeaNerd

• View Profile
Wanted: replacement door steps / sills, for 2002 EV Weekender
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:07:21 pm »
The sliding door step on our 2002 Weekender is discolored with the white spots they get, and also has had some ugly yellow glue spilled on it which apparently isn't coming off anytime soon.

I'd like to replace that sill with something black, and recall having read that some of the earlier Eurovans (maybe 1997-2000?) have black sills there plus also on the front doors, all of which can fit on the newer Weekenders. Is that accurate? Would like to get my hands either just a replacement sliding door sill, or all three. Prefer black, but could live with grey.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:14:06 pm by IdeaNerd »

Offline gerwazy

• View Profile
Re: Wanted: replacement door steps / sills, for 2002 EV Weekender
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 06:33:45 pm »
The sliding door step on our 2002 Weekender is discolored with the white spots they get, and also has had some ugly yellow glue spilled on it which apparently isn't coming off anytime soon.

I'd like to replace that sill with something black, and recall having read that some of the earlier Eurovans (maybe 1997-2000?) have black sills there plus also on the front doors, all of which can fit on the newer Weekenders. Is that accurate? Would like to get my hands either just a replacement sliding door sill, or all three. Prefer black, but could live with grey.
Yes there is a black option that will fit our vans, they are discontinued though by VW I can probably help you out but let me know your location so I can figure out shipping as it is quite big...