Offline jackjtr

• View Profile
B4 Cluster in 2000+ EuroVan
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:33 am »
After freaking out about cluster wiring for a month or so, I decided to pull my B4 cluster and see if I could even fit it in my EuroVan, as everyone says they don't fit in 2000+ models.

Well, they do. I put it in the dash and the fastener holes lined up perfectly. I think the only modification would be to get an earlier cluster surround. I popped my surround on, and with the steering column cover, there is just a small gap at the bottom of the cluster. Not a huge deal.

The other thing to consider is keeping the interior lighting scheme consistent. The B4 has the "green" scheme while the MK4 has "blue/red". I personally prefer the look of the B4 cluster, so I'm sticking with it.

I hope this helps 2000+ owners!
2002 EVMV TDI, Mercedes of the 60s-80s, Movie Biz

Offline Phaeton

• Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: B4 Cluster in 2000+ EuroVan
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:22:51 am »
Is the odometer information stored in the cluster or somewhere else?

Offline JVance

• Sleeps in a tent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:49:18 am »
Is the odometer information stored in the cluster or somewhere else?

It's stored in the instrument cluster.

Offline Powdermonkey

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 04:59:40 pm »
It's stored in the instrument cluster.

I have my BHW passat cluster in right now, but some of the holes for the lights dont match up with the eurovan cutouts for the brights, etc. I think I'm going to try and get one from a euro transporter with mph on it and just use that. If it's never been coded you can advance the odometer once. I think with vagtacho there is a way to recode the odo as well. I have my bhw ecu tuned with the immobilizer turned off, I wanted to keep it originally but was having a no start problem so we turned it off.