Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Inline 5cyl Petrol engine tech / 1995 Eurovan Camper- Mass Air Flow Housing Tear
« Last post by ronicl on March 03, 2024, 08:39:59 am »
Subject:   Mass Air Flow sensor Housing Tear   Quote message
The engine miss fired then stalled while driving. We discovered a tear in the MAF Housing causing air to get sucked in and the sensor sending the wrong reading. We removed the housing, cleaned it up and duct taped it and installed it back. The engine has run for 200 miles now with no issues.

My question is whether anyone has had this issue and whether the housing needs to be replaced?

Thanks       
Interior! / Tin Can Sound System! 2001 VW Eurovan
« Last post by Jill on February 29, 2024, 08:37:48 am »
Where do I start to upgrade the horrible sound system in my 2001 VW Eurovan? The system is stock and I think I need to junk the whole thing and start over. It sounds so bad.
Kenwood KDC-MP372BT Receiver
Inline 5cyl Petrol engine tech / A/C compressor clutch
« Last post by 92Westfalia on January 30, 2024, 08:14:37 pm »
Has anyone had any luck finding a clutch assembly for their compressor? If so, where? The clutch seized up on us, but was relatively easy to remove, and Id rather change it out then replace the whole compressor. 92 Eurovan Westfalia 5 cylinder gas btw. Thank you in advance!!
VR6 Engine tech / Vr6 engine died
« Last post by crh on January 06, 2024, 03:23:55 pm »
My wife and I just got a 2002 eurovan, 132k miles, and drove it from the NW, though the parks and home to Austin.

Great trip until we were just east of Eden Tx (for real).

Cruising at 65-70, cruise ON, 3k rpm, engine temp steady at 190, tranny in D, going up a constant slope, about 75% to top, we got 2 loud ‘clunks’ in succession, followed by loss of power, ie no throttle response, and you could see rpm dropping quickly.

We had enough momentum to crest the hill, and battery light on, engine died.

We coasted to stop on shoulder.
 No check engine light on. We tried to restart - no go.

We sat for a while and called AAA and arranged for towing.

After ~30min, we tried to restart , and it started right up, no check engine light.
After short drive on shoulder where all seemed ok, we proceeded, and van ran fine the remainder of trip to Austin.

A puzzle.
We had noticed a ‘clunk’ when we put car into D a couple of times when we were in Grand Canyon.

I’m still trying to understand engine and how it all works - I had air cooled VWs including transporter in 70’s- this is different beast.

Suggestions for potential causes, things to check much appreciated.

Charles
Winnebago "Full Campers" / Searching the globe for '95 EVC throttle cable
« Last post by Coach Mark on November 13, 2023, 06:13:37 pm »
Looking for a throttle cable for '95 EVC, 2.5 ltr, 5 cyl, A/T, part no. 701721555. Will pay any reasonable price, or trade for 1 or some negotiated combination of: 2 OEM mattress pads (upper and lower), OEM foliding bed board (upper), 2 OEM folding tables, 2 pop-top rear scissor hinges, 2 pop-top lift struts, entire inner gray plastic molded pop-top liner, 1 bullet-type locking gas cap wiith 2 keys, custom-fit rear hatch bugscreen, custom-made privacy curtain for driver/front passenger area, 2 heavy duty truck ramps, 1 200W solar panel w/ controller and accessories, 1 middle bench seat. Will send photo of non-operating cable upon request. Ready? Go!
Exterior / European Syncro spare tire rack
« Last post by vanguy63 on July 10, 2023, 10:58:58 pm »
I was able to purchase a rear door mount spare tire carrier from a European Syncro.  I would like to mount it on my 1997 European but I do not have any idea where it mounts exactly. Does anyone out there have a set up like this that I could get some measurements from and Photos?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
CaveVan Stuff / EUROVAN - REAR HEATER CORE BYPASS
« Last post by ROGunter on June 25, 2023, 05:29:24 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to bypass the rear heater box on my 2000 Eurovan?  It is leaking coolant somewhere in the system.  Coolant is dripping on the pavement just under the bottom of the doors on both sides of the van. Thanks.
VR6 Engine tech / Eurovan Cooling hose Assembly - fix or replace?
« Last post by Cannabus on May 16, 2023, 06:25:56 pm »
My 2001 Eurovan GLS just had major work done on transmission, timing belt and various parts. Mechanics recommends replacing cooling hose assembly (part no.7D0 122 051).  Haven't been able to find it in North America. Some European parts distributors carry but reliability and delays are an issue.  Anyone have that go to parts dealer on our side of the Atlantic? Anyone tried patching radiator hoses and sealing connections? I've heard some aviation products work well; when your up there, they have to right??   I'd prefer new with the $$$$$ I've spent so far but availability is proving to be a challenge. Suggestions please...
Tires and wheels! / Tires??
« Last post by 03EV4me on May 08, 2023, 11:40:04 am »
I have a 2003 Weekender, and about 25k miles on Nokian Entyre 2.0 in 235/60/16.  The front wheels wobble at low speeds, and I have had strange wear patterns on these tires where they aren't wearing "flat".  I run them at 44 front/38 rear.  I've had the van aligned twice at a reputable shop, and everything was within specs.

This weekend on the way home from a race, the van started having some tire vibration as I was driving.  A few minutes later, I heard a bang and then the "whump whump whump."  The right rear tire had a separated split where the tread had come off in a strip about 1" wide. 

These tires aren't even half worn, but I'm trying to figure out what to replace them with, and whether there's something on the front or rear alignment causing a problem.

Here's a picture of the tires from a year ago when I rotated them and noticed the strange wear.  https://imgur.com/a/fRXlAc4

Any recommendations on a replacement tire?  It seems the 102 load rating tires are getting even harder to find.

Thanks!

Winnebago "Full Campers" / Re: 1995 Eurovan - Electrical/Battery Issue -
« Last post by AlexScott on February 13, 2023, 02:54:21 am »
Thanks for information.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10