Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tires and wheels! / Re: Mercedes CLK Wheels?
« Last post by rcowan on April 18, 2018, 11:22:59 AM »
Good example. First I've seen. Thank you!!

I'm still looking for a set to try on my T4. I've bought a set of Borbet Type Cs that I like though too. Not sure what I'll go with. Waiting for a power upgrade to put the larger tires/new wheels on......
Tires and wheels! / Re: Mercedes CLK Wheels?
« Last post by AKAvant on April 13, 2018, 03:55:13 AM »
This ad has the best picture that I've found. These are aparently the Toliman wheels off an S-class though they look more like a w211 E-class version. Similar wheel to the CLK wheel just a different width and offset. Still forged I believe.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/vw-t4-2.5tdi-88bhp-transporter-campervan-swb-175k-rear-sunroof-8-months-mot-new-timing-belt/1253940124
Westfalia / 03’ MV sliding door issues
« Last post by Gypsymobile on April 10, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »
Hey fellas,

Newb here for the diy world on Vdubs repairs, so I’m looking for some advice on how to fix a sliding door that won’t latch.

This problem has presented itself a few weeks ago and is intermittent. My immediate remedy was to hulk out on closing the door, but that wouldn’t work all the time either (lack of force in the administrator for sure).

Anywho, what gives, and what should I replace? (Before she flies open on the freeway again, or before a window shatters trying to have it close/larch)

Thanks in advance for your replies fellas
Got it sorted.  Was the ignition switch.  It was weird behavior though... but I guess that is what a faulty part will do.
I happened to have a spare.
My 1993 EV won't start. It cranks nice (new battery). I've tried with booster and old battery as well. Triple checked wires and cleaned everything.

No dash lights (CEL or others). But radio, headlights, wipers all work.

Suggestions?
Interior! / Re: Plastics plastics plastic....leather??
« Last post by Itsamoto on April 02, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
A vinyl wrapped door card and dash would be sweet. The door cards I have seen done online, but not the dash.
Exterior / Re: Backup camera install.
« Last post by erik.wahlstrom on March 29, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
I was thinking about putting it in the license plate housing, but having to route it through the tailgate seems like a pain.

So the image is OK when you are not towing? Maybe I'll put it on the bumper.

I put mine in the bumper, just for ease of install.  Not the best location if you tow but its ok when the ball is removed.  I'm thinking of moving it up and integrating it itno the rear door somewhere.
Interior! / Exhaust smell in the interior 01 EV GLS
« Last post by Simsie on March 20, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »
Hello,

Owner of a 2001 EV GLS with the fancy climate controls here, and wondering if anyone has had an exhaust or slightly burning smell (like carbon copy paper) in the interior of their van:
  • After the engine heats up - 10 minutes or so
  • If the heat is on, or if the AC is on auto

When the van is actively cooling the car (cranked down to 68 degrees), I don't smell it. I can also seem to isolate it somethings if I turn off the vents in the front and use the rear vents more.

I'm wondering if it's an exhaust leak, something with the manifold, or a heater core in the rear. I took it to a local shop and they were not very helpful.
Exterior / Re: T4/Eurovans with custom paint!
« Last post by robinson1509 on March 17, 2018, 05:36:49 PM »

Exterior / Re: T4/Eurovans with custom paint!
« Last post by robinson1509 on March 17, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
Jet powered for $30000.00.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10