Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
CaveVan Stuff / Re: Gasoline Fumes
« Last post by etbandung on June 07, 2022, 05:41:35 am »
welcome to the club man hope u had a good time around
Want to buy something? / Re: The Quest for a Eurovan Key Fob Transmitter
« Last post by JohnMilton on March 23, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
I have a van but I have only one key thanks to the locksmith Tampa bay team to provide me with two new fobs at a decent cost.
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Evap map
« Last post by Capt-tk on February 03, 2022, 02:10:55 pm »
Hi this is great information. Thank you for posting. I have year 2000 EVC and try to replace to aftermarket canister.
Could you tell me which connector goes to Fuel tank, N80, and one connections I think goes to N115 or LDP 
I was checking manuals but shows only two connection.  it is very confusing.
Thank you TK
VR6 Engine tech / Re: Slow gasoline refill: 03 EVW
« Last post by one_big_holiday on January 13, 2022, 09:41:14 am »
I'm circling back to my original post to provide an update with the benefit of time and miles since making a repair. In November 2020, the folks at Indian Peaks (Boulder, CO - a quality shop that I recommend) installed a used-but-serviceable carbon canister, and this has completely solved my original problem of a slow gasoline fill.

I hope this helps to inform one route to a fix, if you're in need.
CaveVan Stuff / Re: Gasoline Fumes
« Last post by Milracing on January 04, 2022, 03:31:16 am »
Hi! I know this is totally out of place. I was admiring the hell out of this build btw…. But I just opened an account here and wanted to introduce myself but I can only reply to posts; can’t seem to create a new post. So sorry! I’m Seth, love in Lafayette Co, just acquired a 99 gls that is eventually like to do some camping in. I’m trying to decide if I should improvise a bed or try to locate the proper rear seat. I have several years as a bmw tech I’m a past life (work as a respiratory therapist now), and am just getting starting led with the laundry list of things this van needs to be safe and, sog I hope, reliable. I really admire the effort you all  put into your machines. Back in the 90s I had an old bus and I’m still punishing myself for selling it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Now I can’t afford one, or a bmw e30, or a bmw 2002, but I digress. Please have a happy, safe new year with no more fires, pandemics or other such buzz kill. Thank you.
VR6 Engine tech / No idea whats going on
« Last post by coto555 on January 01, 2022, 01:59:38 pm »
Warning!!, I am a beginner mechanic with that all that implies. I own a 2002 Eurovan GLS, it has like 174,000 miles. After a long trip I started noticing a rough acceleration, like it needed tune up. After listening more carefully, sounded like it was gurgling when I was accelerating, definitively I had poor gas millage. The other strange thing was like a loud hush of air coming out from some part of the back of the engine when the engine was cold, and then it will stop with the sound of a relay from the inside cabin. It will last like 5 seconds. (note: My AC does not work, and I turn it off immediately every time the engine starts).
When checking for codes with VSDS, it gave me P0303, P0306 and P1570. I replaced the coils from the C3 and C5, new spark plugs, cleaned the electrical connectors. When I replaced the coils, I realized there was engine oil in C2. I thought probably the gasket on the valve cover need replacement. I started the process of replacing it (Holly F, so complicated in this van), The MAS had oil in it, same as the throttle body, PCV. Cleaned the MAS (which I replaced it couple months ago), Cleaned the PCV plastic crap, replaced some of the tiny tubes that connect to the PCV and the vacuum reservoir (they were cracked), Cleaned the throttle, Cleaned the electrical connectors. After going as deep as taking the Intake manifold, I gave up due time wise.
The ISSUE NOW is that when I start the engine, the engine runs smooth, until reach temperature and the idles goes down, then it has a hard time staying low, kinda wants to die. Acceleration does not help. I started it couple times and same issue, sometimes does not even run for seconds and then dies. I cleaned the codes, I scanned again. No codes.
I wish I knew how to check the pressure stuff and what that means, maybe that can help?
Any ideas?
Check the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMO8tcFTU4
Westfalia / 2002 Weekender Rust
« Last post by DocVan on November 13, 2021, 07:49:21 pm »
New to me 2002 Weekender has some rust damage on the front of the roof where the two rubber strips meet the windshield. I’m having trouble finding a body shop in the Sacramento CA area that’s familiar Weekenders and with this issue. I do have someone who says they’ll tackle it, but they seemed hesitant on how to replace the rubber and what to do to prevent the same thing from happening in the future. Any advice is greatly appreciated! I have a picture but I get an error when I try attaching with the post.
Winnebago "Full Campers" / Re: EVC rumble after lift, right turns only...
« Last post by derekmjenkins on September 29, 2021, 03:14:06 pm »
I have / had the same problem.  The mechanic recommeded that the CV joint be replaced. After that the mechanic could not get rid of all the vibration although it was significantly reduced.

After looking around I think that the transmission mounts may need to replaced, but I haven't had that confirmed.
VR6 Engine tech / Re: VR6 engine oil cooler for EV?
« Last post by albertr on September 02, 2021, 04:39:50 pm »
Thanks, Phil! I'm also using ScanGauge, and my coolant temp look similar (ATF temp is a bit lower most of the times, unless I'm in the city driving or in mountains). My concern is not the coolant temp per se, but rather the overall temp in the engine compartment. I don't have any hard data to present, but I hope to get a wireless thermometer installed there to measure the temp. I've noticed that everything there is very hot on touch, including the car battery, so I think it could benefit from the increased airflow, or motor oil cooler, or both.

-albertr
VR6 Engine tech / Re: VR6 engine oil cooler for EV?
« Last post by euro2003 on August 26, 2021, 05:44:42 pm »
Albertr
Do you have a Scangauge?  How hot are you running?  I have my scanguage on the left side of the dash near the speaker and have it monitor WTR  & TFT all the time the engine is running. (You must send it in (free) or program it to read transmission temp properly).  Anyhow mine typically runs WTR  (engine temp) 194 F and in heavy traffic can get up to about 201-3 F.  I have a 80 degree thermostat.  The transmission (TFT) runs typically about 154 F but in heavy traffic can go up to 199 F. (I have an external trans cooler).  In heavy traffic run your AC so as to turn on your radiator fan on high to bring them down. (Also for hills at slow speed or traffic lower your gear to 2 or 3rd. 
That should do it for both.
I have the 24v AXK engine.  If that doesn’t do it, especially for the engine, you may have other issues.
Hope that helps
Phil 2003 EV WE 297 kmiles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10