Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Tires and wheels! / Re: Larger holes for lug nuts?
« Last post by qval on March 30, 2020, 11:25:36 am »
This is a super late response, but I did this with a set of Mercedes wheels with nice snow tires on them.

I went to harbor freight, bought their oversize drill bit set, and used the closest size to the bolts. The mercedes wheels also used 12mm ball radius on the lug bolts, so I had to buy new lug bolts with 12mm balls and 14mm bolt dimensions.

They sure do make these wheel interactions with the vehicle complicated: centering rings, lug bolt diameters and lengths, ball seat dimensions, Einpresstiefe, etc, etc
I had really good luck with Indian Peaks in Boulder. They were fast and kept me up to date about what was going on. I live in Castle Pines and plan to take the van back to Boulder whenever it needs work.
VR6 Engine tech / Re: 24v timing chain repair
« Last post by smaddock on March 05, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »
Just a follow up. Without removing the transmission I was able to get to the upper timing chain and guides. Replaced the guides and got the timing back in spec. However it did not fix the misfire codes. After chasing them for several months more it turns out it was the serpentine belt. I had replaced the original one with a OEM belt but it was not Continental. When I put in a Continental belt all the misfires went away.
Steve
Shiny things you no longer want / Re: Parting Out: 2003 Eurovan MV
« Last post by ruski8 on February 06, 2020, 07:50:14 pm »
Is this still active?   I’m looking for some 16in wheels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
General Discussion / Re: Eurovan syncro USA rollcall!!
« Last post by dubfreak1776 on February 02, 2020, 11:28:28 pm »
I've been building my  1993 for almost  2 years now with the help of Justin

Sent from my SM-G977T using Tapatalk

Exterior / GLS / MV SLIDING WINDOWS
« Last post by Tetley on January 27, 2020, 08:21:44 pm »
Don't know if anyone would want to do this besides myself; however...

Is it possible to switch the two sliding rear side windows, move the left to the right and right to the left?  I'd like to have the opening portion of the window further back.  Talking "late model" 2001-03 Eurovan.

If it is possible, what are the down sides of doing so? 

Is this a DYI or do I need to get the window guys to come out?  If not DYI, do I need special window guys or will most any of the usual companies manage?

That's one in the bag.  Thks y'al
Winnebago "Full Campers" / Re: Worth purchasing a Eurovan with a cracked roofed?
« Last post by orbeamike on January 19, 2020, 11:54:57 pm »
If everything else is in good shape a cracked roof would not be a deterrent, provides you get a hefty discount. There are alternatives out there such as Reimo or Colorado Campers that have better made tops to replace the Winnebago unit.
Westfalia / Re: Need Help lifting Pop Top with Roof Rack + Thule Roof Box
« Last post by bblume on January 01, 2020, 04:13:48 pm »
You could try the part numbers listed in this samba post for 120psi struts.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696747&highlight=lift+struts&sid=6bb2f926f4b4ae23499d5a55b07d85ae

Necro bump....

Any idea as to whether the weekender and evc struts are the same.  I was about to order the struts from the thread on samba, but I was wondering if anyone had real-world experience between the two models. 
Interior! / Re: Show us your stereo!
« Last post by bblume on January 01, 2020, 12:57:52 pm »
Just use the double din cage for a MKIV GTi or Jetta. It'll work fine. Some cutting and trimming of the bracket will be required, but its super minor work that I managed with just some scissors and sandpaper.

So you need the cage...but what about the trim piece?
NCV3 Sprinters 2007+ / Re: Eurovan vs Sprinter
« Last post by dawndeliondreams on December 21, 2019, 05:43:55 am »
This empty space bothers me. I'll post a picture to at least give this category a post. :-) Our Eurovan and the Sprinter we traveled to Glacier with.
What year is your Sprinter? Pros? Cons/Regrets?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]