Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
Finally a eurovan specific forum!!!
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »
Congrats on this

Now if only all the vwt4. All the Argentina the south Africa the australia the us and Canada and t4 folks would just all join this and move their stickies here.... oh man..
 What a resource.... and all in english..

Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
Re: Finally a eurovan specific forum!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »
Oh and Russia too

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:10:53 am »
Haha ;D

I'm sure if we all pull together and spread the word and recreate as many links and tech as possible then this place will take on a life of its own.
Cole

Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:07:37 am »
Any coders out there want to take on a project??   Create a t4 search engine that searches across every t4 forum globally.  I like how this guy created something similar for the acura legend. http://vinhdesigns.com/legend/

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:58:29 am »
Any coders out there want to take on a project??   Create a t4 search engine that searches across every t4 forum globally.  I like how this guy created something similar for the acura legend. http://vinhdesigns.com/legend/

It would be interesting.

I'm not sure how useful it would be since the vans the USA and Canada got are significantly different than the vans most of the rest of the world got.
Cole

Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:06:59 am »
Rest of world got better shit.  If we could find it and buy it easily here in usa we could have badass vans too like everyone else

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:35 am »
Rest of world got better shit.  If we could find it and buy it easily here in usa we could have badass vans too like everyone else

I can get the parts over here if there is something you want  ;)

I like what I've seen here so far even with just ~80 members.

There are already picture and tech topics having good discussions that I think get overlooked in other forums/formats.

Ultimately it's up to the community to spread the word and help bring other EV people here.

I'll do my best to make it the way the users want it.

If some people wanted to compile links to good posts on other forums or outside resources that is fine with me. The problem in the past has been that this information is spread far and wide around the internet.

They should be topic specific, like "ultimate list references for timing chains" etc. l
Cole

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »
Well with the Samba finally supporting a Eurovan specific forum (perhaps too little too late?) -- what does everyone think? Is there enough readers, posters and content to support 4 Eurovan forums -- Vortex, Cavevan, Samba and Yahoo group?

I'm a member on more than one of those -- and surely anyone on this, the newest forum, is as well. Thoughts?

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »
It's interesting to me that after more than a decade of protest the Samba finally did a Eurovan forum just weeks after I started this one. ::)

Vortex really isn't a Eurovan forum, just VW vans in general of all ages. Of course most of the posts are by Eurovan owners. It seem to me like most of the Eurovan posts on the Samba are by me anyway :-X

Yahoo has some great information too, but its in a horrible outdated and hard to search format. Same with the Rialta group on Yahoo.

The UKT4 forum is awesome for inspiration but unfortunately very little of their tech applies to the USA version of the van.

This would be the only place that is really focused on the Eurovan by a Eurovan owner ;) Including subsections for each topic area, unlike any of the other forums. With an active host willing to help mold the forum as the we all see a need.

Though, its ultimately up to you guys.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:59:44 pm by Cole »
Cole

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »
Ok I got a minor gripe here. My wife saw that the "statistics" are tracking how many hours I have spent logged into Cavevan. She ain't impressed.  ;)

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:46:43 pm »
 8)
Cole

Offline Snowshoer

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 03:48:44 am »
I just joined last week and a big Thank You for starting this forum!  The yahoo group is so hard to deal with and this layout is so much nicer to use. I will for sure be posting lots as I have many questions about my '99 EV-Westy.
Thank you again.

Neil.
1999 Techno-Blue EV-Westy