Offline BobB

• Beach camping!
    • View Profile
*FOUND A HOME* - "Repaired" EVC skylight
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:13:20 am »
Looking for a Home (i.e. Free),

Yep, I clipped my skylight on the garage. Fortunately, it forced me to take accurate measurements on clearance and replace it with a Fantastic Fan-Vent.

But before that I did "fix" the broken skylight.  It was only broken in 2 pieces and I was able to reassemble and, with methylene chloride (what you use to actually "weld" plexiglass together) and some backing pieces of plexiglass over the crack on the underside, get back in one piece.  Also fixed the snapped hinge piece.  I spray painted it all gloss black and put it back on and worked fine.

So if you need one to replace your broken one (it does look better than plastic duct-taped over the opening) I am just outside Philadelphia.  I can ship this, too (if you pay for shipping and handling - just need to find a box).  Will post photos if interested.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:04:38 pm by BobB »
BobB
'99 VW EVC

Offline albertr

• View Profile
    • my 2001 EVC
Re: Looking for a Home - "Repaired" EVC skylight
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:22:22 pm »
Bob, I'm just a notch from NE Philly too! Looks like a place that attracts "replace EVC skylight with a Fan-tastic fan" kind of folks?   ;D

-albertr

Offline BobB

• Beach camping!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Home - "Repaired" EVC skylight
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 03:15:19 pm »
Actually, more like the place that attracts "low garage door kind of folks".  ;)
My house was built around 1900, garage maybe late 1930's.  They didn't have Class B campers then.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:58:08 pm by BobB »
BobB
'99 VW EVC

Offline BobB

• Beach camping!
    • View Profile
FOUND A HOME - "Repaired" EVC skylight
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:22:04 pm »
Found a home - Skylight not longer available
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:01:03 pm by BobB »
BobB
'99 VW EVC