T6 in USA?
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:22:38 pm »
Twice in as many days likers of my T4 have said N.A. will be getting the T6 but google doesn't seem to agree.  What do ya know?

Offline Phaeton

• Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: T6 in USA?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:00:08 am »
I think the chances of a VW T6 launch are quite slim.

VWoA will probably push the new 3 row crossover currently in testing: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1029288_2017-volkswagen-3-row-suv-spy-shots

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:07:00 am »
Prior to diesel-gate, I would bet it had no chance. That being said, in the post diesel-gate era -- we can't underestimate the desperate need that VW must have for positive publicity -- even if it amounts to selling just a 1000 units a year At least it will be a positive story that the van is back and bring people into the showroom.

Interesting interview discussing the T6 (pre-diesel gate).
http://michiganradio.org/post/why-vw-will-not-bring-back-van-us-least-right-now#stream/0

Offline robinson1509

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »
I think vw will stay away from the us van market for a while after the routan debacle.  The rebranded van sales started strong, average of about 1500 units/month then fell to a couple hundred or less. With the vw branding the sales still out performed the chrysler it was spawned from. Ironically the vw California will never be imported to the us. With the terrif and tax the price tag would be around $70,000. The additional tax rate on trucks and vans imported from Germany  is to give the us manufacturers an edge by eliminating the competition so they can sell their inferior products at inflated prices. Don't get me wrong I think terrifs make sense,  to balance the market, not to manipulate it. Even with free trade agreements companies will choose countries with lower wages for point of sale manufacturing to sidestep taxes and terrifs. That is why Detroit is dead and Mexico has become the automotive manufacturing mecca of the world.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:54:14 pm by robinson1509 »

Offline filmshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »
Mercedez is selling the sprinter and the new metris so friggin Cheap here in california, I doubt vw wants to compete.   The new Pacifica is so high-tech over the caravan it's really getting a lot of positive feedback too...  Ford has the transit out, Nissan the nv,  dodge the promaster city,  I think vw would be too squeezed in USA.  Any one of those could start doing weekender conversions at a moment's notice.

Update... Good interview above!
Btw... Check out the pumpkin at my local vw dealership I snapped this pic today... Now tell me there isn't at least some built up demand, or demand being built up perhaps?  Btw this was carved by the managers daughter so maybe it will be another generation? 
Inscribed with just two thumbs...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:31:44 pm by filmshoot »

Offline robinson1509

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:51:09 pm »
Thr Mercedes sprinters are manufactured in dusseldorf germany then disassembled and shipped to the us where they are reassembled in a diamler factory in south carolina to avoid paying import and terrif. Prior to 2015 the ford transit was imported by ford as a passenger vehicle and the rear seats and seatbelts would be removed to sell the transit as a cargo van and avoid paying terrif and tax. After the loophole was closed ford built the plant in kansas city.  Despite losses of 500 million in first quarter for warranty repairs and recalls motor trend awarded ford transit a truck of the year award. I imagine ford had hoped to win the contract for the llv replacement.
Six different chassis builders, which includes an indian and a turkish company, have been awarded $37M contract to build 50 prototypes to replace the postal service long life vehicle. Even Chrysler uses tax and import loopholes and leverages cheaper non union labor to maximize profits by manufacturing the pacifica in the winsor plant just across the detroit river in Canada.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:56:50 pm by robinson1509 »

Offline Theivized

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 05:45:08 am »
The BC-1, a fixed gear, tandem, 450hp Basic Combat Trainer that was first flown in 1938, served as the basis for the AT-6. The well-deserved categorization of this aircraft as an Advanced Trainer is shown by the AT-6 designation. The T-6 was and is still a great pilot training aircraft. Visit The Site