93 Eurovan Dash LEDs
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:16:01 pm »
I wanted to show off my almost finished dash changes. I can post a how to article to show how I disassembled the switches and climate controls and soldered in the LEDs if anyone is interested. The red is much better at night.

Re: 93 Eurovan Dash LEDs
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:35:09 am »
That really looks great!  Please post a write up on how you did it.  Thanks.
Bill
1993 Syncro Weekender (5 speed Manual)

Offline andrew

• Sounds like a diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:22:56 pm »
Hey, I'd love to see some info on how this was done too. I've done my cluster, but the rest is barely working at all.

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 05:01:50 pm »
Looks like a great upgrade!

I've got LEDs in an 87 and it made a huge difference!
Cole

Offline duckdive

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:20:05 pm »
Wondering if a write up was posted on this anywhere?  I've got a bulb out in the dash and figure it would be best to replace with LEDs.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:23 pm »
I haven't posted a write up, I'll try to put something together soon. I took a lot of pictures and should have a pretty good parts list. The switches and instrument cluster  were pretty easy, but the climate controls were a little more difficult. The leds for the switches were purchased from http://www.led-switch.com/ , they offer leds with built in resistors for 12v applications in a variety of colors and intensities. The instrument cluster and climate controls leds came from https://www.superbrightleds.com/ . The cluster bulbs for a 1993 were incorrect in their database, the ones that fit are the BAX bulbs. The tabs still needed a little bit of tweaking. I also used colored film purchased from amazon to change the color of the clock, gear indicator, and inside the cluster housing.

If anyone has any questions before I get a write finished, PM me.

Rod

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:04 pm »