Talk me out of buying a Winnebago VW VISTA
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »
Been camping in my 02weekender since new but now that I'm 65 have a desire for more creature comforts (bathroom) than a full EV camper can provide. I also camp in my 85 Westy so can appreciate the full kitchen and tables vw campers provide. I want to stay in the vw family and have developed a serous attraction to the 02-05 Winnebago Vista. It seems to have all the things I want or need in a camper except the smaller size of my weekender or a EVC. Anyone have experience - good or bad- with these class B 21 ft beauties. I have found a couple on craigs list and before I start down this road I would appreciate any words of wisdom. Thanks all.
Spencer

Offline goose

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: Talk me out of buying a Winnebago VW VISTA
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:20:00 am »
As long as you don't mind gambling on the transmission, you should be fine.

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:48 pm »
Life is too short to drive boring cars! ;)

If you *want* it buy it and enjoy! ;)

.......I didn't talk you out of it did I :P
Cole

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:22 am »
The flames burn hotter but now the wife's "enthusiasm" (and memories) is fading since it's been a few weeks after getting back from camping in the cramped weekender for two weeks in Colorado. I had to replace the trans in this 02 weekender at 56K so I'm aware of that ugly problem could raise it's head in the Vista- but I'm geeked to own one -if I can find the dough :-\