Offline finboy

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Not a project....yet
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:47:14 pm »
As I'm sure many who have ended up here, I found Cole's thread on a pop top conversion.

My parents have owned this 92 eurovan since about '98 or so, and while low mileage (161,000 Km's - 100k miles), it has gone by the wayside when they got new vehicles. It has been sitting outside rusting, getting maybe 1-2000 Km's a year for the past few years. Unfortunately the rot has set in on the wheel wells, and around the windows, but hey, the price could be right.

My girlfriend started bugging me about getting a trailer, which would of course, necessitate a vehicle that can tow the trailer, and a trailer itself. I have never camped with a trailer, having overnighted in them at her family get togethers, they seem like waaaaay more effort and expense than it's worth. I started eyeing up the rotting eurovan at my parents place, and am mulling over some conversion work to get it closer to weekender trim level. I will update this thread if/when things move forward, thankfully we seemed to get a better selection of eurovans up here, so I'm hoping the junkyards will prove fruitful.

Anyways enough talk, 92 5cyl, auto, 7 seater...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:50:37 pm by finboy »

Offline Itsamoto

• View Profile
Re: Not a project....yet
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:11:39 am »
Awesome potential - love that side stripe too.

Looks a lot like my home town too.  ;)