Offline Farther

• Rosie, the Corgi, is my copilot
    • View Profile
Upgraded swaybar?
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:03:16 pm »
Ok, my EVC Winnebago handles like a top-heavy pig even with the new Bilstein Sport shocks from GoWesty.  Has anybody upgraded their front swaybar and installed rear swaybar from a Weekender to a EVC Winnebago?  If so, please provide details.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:06:25 pm by Farther »
Thanks,
~Farther

Offline Cole

• Gear head!
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded swaybar?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:07:01 pm »
I've seen the rear bar added.

I can tell you that the vans with the rear bar drive much better than the ones without
Cole

Offline ottobot79

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:59:36 am »
I had an 03 Weekender parts van and pulled the sway bar off for my 00 campervan. 

It was a pretty straight forward process. The brackets had to be drilled out on the 03 because they were riveted to the frame. So then we spot welded the brackets to the frame and the bar went right in.

It drives so much better with the sway bar.

I don't think I have any pics as it was straightforward when we did it.
Let me know if you have any questions,
Ian

Offline rcowan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »
I know this is old but hopefully someone that has done this can comment. Are the spots to attach on the rear arms there? I just looked at one and I see where it's riveted on the body. It looked just bolted to the arms but I don't know if the early arms have the cut outs/threads, whatever is necessary to make that connection. I just want to make sure I grab everything I need. Thanks!

Offline Phaeton

• Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 09:52:22 pm »
Where can you even buy the 27 mm or 28 mm front/rear sway bars? I was thinking about having them custom made since I can't find them OEM.

http://www.addco.net/aftermarket/tech/faq/
They can make a custom swap bar, so maybe if I gave them my 23.5 mm bar, they can copy its shape but in 27 mm form.

Offline Phaeton

• Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:22 am »
I've ordered the 27mm front and 28mm rear bar. Not sure when I'll get either part.

Offline Farther

• Rosie, the Corgi, is my copilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:40 am »
Good, please post here with your results.  A short time back I sent off an email to GoWesty regarding the rear swaybar and the customer service guy said that there had been some discussion on developing a kit and he even said it was in the quo but not a priority.  I won't hold my breath.
Thanks,
~Farther