Offline jah

• Golden State of Mind
    • View Profile
Furnace Install - Weekender
« on: June 27, 2018, 10:37:07 pm »
I recently came across Cole's awesome Snap Dragon project over at Expedition Portals.  I notice a Webasto ST2000 Petrol furnace was installed.  Getting an aux heater installed in our Weekender is going to be a priority going into the winter as we have 2 kids (3 and 11/mo) and we need to keep them warm. We had a EVC camper before and the heater was one of our favorite parts (comfy camping in the winter).

I'm curious if anyone in Northern (or Southern) CA has attempted to install one of these and if so if they can make any recommendations on an installation source.  I could probably do it, if I had even a second of spare time these days, but I don't, so I'll be looking for some help. I have an in law in SLO and could potentially reach out to Go Westy but I'm not sure if they do that type of custom work.

I really like how clean and simple that Webasto looks and especially how it ties into the existing heat ducts.  This said, I'm open to any and all ideas on how to accomplish a simple source of heat.  I have looked into powering a small heater with a Yeti but I'd like to take it up a notch from there. It's also important to me that whatever I install for this doesn't take up to much space in the van.

Thanks. Cheers.

Offline michael

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: Furnace Install - Weekender
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 12:21:19 pm »
I'm thinking about installing one. I'm looking at Webasto and Espar (Airtronic D2). I'm curious where you have seen the Webasto tap into existing head ducts? Do you mean the rear floor heat duct? Doesn't the unit need to mounted inside the van?