Offline EVCWheatie

• Get out!
    • View Profile
EVC rumble after lift, right turns only...
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:59:27 pm »
I have a 95 EVC that I installed a Cavevan lift, then lifted the front to match.  It was only a 1 inch lift, so nothing crazy.  I discovered that after this lift install, I now have a new noise when I'm driving, most noticeable at highway speeds, during hard-ish right turns.  Essentially, the noise is about like rumble strips, but a little quieter, and it only occurs during a tight-ish turn right - for example, turning hard right on to an entry ramp, or following some mountain curves.  It's OK (e.g. quiet) straight ahead and even taking an off ramp so long as it's a relatively straight one.

As a note, I had a CV joint fail on that side during my recent road trip, so the axle on that side is new.  I thought that the CV joint would fix the noise, but it appears that it's still there.  With 2K miles or so, it's not getting any worse, however. 

The noise does seem to have a minor vibration feel through the steering wheel.  It's the same coasting or driving.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about the noise, or if I'm just paranoid.  Any ideas on the cause? 
1995 EVC Camper Van Beethoven

Offline derekmjenkins

• Camps in backyard!
    • View Profile
Re: EVC rumble after lift, right turns only...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 03:14:06 pm »
I have / had the same problem.  The mechanic recommeded that the CV joint be replaced. After that the mechanic could not get rid of all the vibration although it was significantly reduced.

After looking around I think that the transmission mounts may need to replaced, but I haven't had that confirmed.